This Woman's Thoughts

Real Expression

Friday, August 18, 2006

Dad

A father's love is unmistakeable.
The time spent and hours worked irreplacable.
Gave me space to grow and guiadance to live by.
You hurt when I hurt and I think I know why.
Because when you are strong you must have weaknesses;
I must be one of yours.
So you watch me and protect me;
your the one there throughout the years.
You cannot stand your child to hurt;
so you wipe away the tears.
Not with a cloth but with your words,
and your ever present love.
And with the support of faith and family;
I show the same love and guidance to my child.
Just as I was taught she will find the right path.
The man in my future will be a glimpse of a man from my past.
On with the cycle you will never leave my side,
I will carry you in my heart and my life as I give this life a ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home